Marucci CAT8 Connect 2-3/4" Big Barrel USSSA Bat -5oz (2019)
MAD MAX says:
IT IS FINALLY HERE!! The All new CAT8 has finally found its way home to Closeout Bats. The successor to the wildly popular CAT7, the CAT8 is everything you know and love about the CAT7 but with several improvements. This bat still has a multi-variable wall design that allows it to have one of the largest sweet spots we have ever seen on an alloy bat. Marucci has spent many years of engineering, testing, and research to bring you quite possibly the best single-piece alloy bat we have ever seen to date. With their AZ105 alloy, Marucci was able to make the walls of this bat extremely thin, which creates a trampoline effect when hitting the ball. Marucci is committed to delivering new bats that are more than just a new paint job. If you were to cut this bat down the middle, you would see 8 rings through the barrel while the CAT7 only had 7 of these rings. With these 8 rings, the bat has a larger sweet spot and fewer problems when a ball is hit off center. Also new for the CAT8, there is a 2nd generation AV2 Anti-Vibration knob. There have been people who have only used 2-piece bats their entire life but swing this and say they feel even less vibration thanks to this new knob. This bat is also the Connect model, which allows for even more vibration reduction. To put the cherry on top, this bat is one of the best-looking bats I have ever seen, and it also comes with their micro-perforated soft-touch grip, which gives great tack and comfort. This drop-5 will be a great option for any of the bigger kids with a lot of power. It is also a great option for those 7th- and 8th-graders getting ready for high school. Watch out because this CAT just 8 up the competition!
Power hitters love the end-loaded feel and ultra-responsive barrel of the CAT8 Connect, a two-piece hybrid bat featuring a power-loaded barrel built with AZ105 super-strength aluminum alloy. The patent-pending SDX EXT connection increases stiffness to maintain energy transfer to the ball, while also dismissing negative vibrations to the hands, resulting in maximum power and minimum sting.
- AZ105 alloy, the strongest aluminum in the Marucci bat line, allows for thinner barrel walls, a higher response rate, and better durability
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- SDX EXT, Extended Shock Dissipating Connection, increases stiffness to maintain energy transfer to the ball, while also dismissing all harsh, unwanted vibrations from players’ hands
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Power-loaded barrel results in a higher M.O.I. and end-loaded feel for effortless power
- Two-piece hybrid design combines a carbon composite handle with the AZ105 alloy barrel for maximum power
- Professionally inspired handle features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
Marucci CAT8 Connect 2-3/4" Big Barrel USSSA Bat MSBCC85 -5oz (2019)